Thursday, May 5, 2011

Extreme Couponing

So my boyfriend's mother has taken up couponing. The other night she mentioned to me that she got started doing it by watching the show "Extreme Couponing" on TLC.  Last night after I fought my children to go to sleep, I was exhausted so I took myself to bed as well. As I was flipping through the guide on my bedroom TV, I came across this show. So I clicked on it.

Let me just say that I am all for couponing. If I can save 3.00 off a pack of diapers or 60 cents here and there, I am totally okay with that, but watching these women go to the store and ring their grocery bill up to over 1,000 dollars and then pay only like 4.00 total, completely blows my mind.
This is why this would never work for me:

  • I don't have time time or patience to flip through inserts several times a week and clip coupons nor do I have the time to get on the internet and spend several hours going to coupon websites to print them off.
  • When going to the store my shopping trip is usually a very speedy one. Having AD and AN with me shortens the usual trip from an hour to maybe twenty minutes. It's a get in and get out process. I wouldn't have the time to even get the coupons pulled out that I needed before a fit was thrown.
  • Pushing around 3 or 4 carts in the store filled with groceries would be IMPOSSIBLE for me. I have a hard enough time pushing around one cart without running into someone or something.
  • Buying things that are unnecessary for me to have in my household would also be a problem for me. I struggle now to find room for the little bit of groceries we do have every two weeks, but buying for example 93 bags of croutons at one time, I'd have to kick one of my children out to have room for all that food.
I am all for saving money. I give kudos to those women who are coordinated enough to save that kind of money while couponing. Me, I don't have the brains for that kind of extreme planning, so I will just keep enjoying the show from my bedroom and every once in a while find a coupon that I can use to get some money off.

No comments:

Post a Comment