How different is it now with three kids instead of two? After hearing this question for several weeks, I really sat down and thought about it.
What I've learned about having three kids..
1. Sleep when baby sleeps--this no longer applies..you're lucky if you will sleep at all.
2. Find time for yourself--I dont know about anyone else but I don't have the TIME for time to myself. Between changing diapers, bottle feedings, dishes, laundry, and finding time to keep the older two kids preoccupied-- there isn't enough hours in the day.
3. Time disappears--Before I had B, my nights consisted of supper, baths, stories, bed and then M and I could sit and
watch TV, talk about our days, or I could catch up on my blogging...now, I am lucky if I am sitting down on the couch
4. You depend on older kids---Although AD is only four and AN is only three, I depend on them a lot more now to help me with stuff. For example "Holler at me if your sister starts to cry" "Can you run and get me a diaper" "Can you go throw this away for mommy?" Is this helpful? Yes! But before we had B, the other two kids didn't have to help with other stuff...just handled their own things....I do lie and blame this on "bonding" for the kids. It's a lie and I know it:)
5. Shopping or traveling--It is now nearly IMPOSSIBLE to take a trip anywhere without pulling my hair out. Grant it yes, I was pulling my hair out with two, but before I could stick AD and AN in the cart and not worry about them getting out. There is not a cart big enough for three kids and groceries, so the solution? One child has to walk. Then the other child wants to walk. This leaves me chasing two children around the store, trying to push a cart, and carry a baby in my arms while trying to feed her! AWESOME!!
6. Cars---I no longer can drive my nice little red car....I've moved up to a mini van. Not that I mind vans but I miss my car something terrible!!!
7. Money--I think this is always an issue with any parent regardless of the amount of children you have. We were struggling before with two, but now with the third..man oh man! Having me go to work isn't an option either because seriously who can afford $7.50 an hour to put three kids in daycare. Not this chick!
So are you still wondering how different is it now with three kids instead of two??